The Chamber was first incorporated in 1947, as the the Clinton Area Chamber of Commerce and Merchants Bureau. In the year 2000, the Chamber changed its name from the Clinton Area Chamber of Commerce to the Clinton-Sampson Chamber of Commerce in an effort to better incorporate municipalities outside of Clinton. Today the Chamber is a dedicated voluntary organization of the business community and professional individuals throughout Sampson County who wish to work for a healthy economy and community. A 16 member Board of Directors oversees policy-making for more than 350 Chamber members. Board members represent the business, civic and professional leadership of the community. The Chamber is managed by the Executive Director and aided by administrative staff.